Chris Pacana

Who is Chris Pacana? I really don't know Chris Pacana until I was able to watch him play with Barangay Ginebra Kings (BGK), wearing Jersey Number 22. I believe the first time I saw him in the hard court, he made a 3 pointer that equally impresses me as his looks does. I usually admire point guards. Thus, Chris Pacana captured my admiration.

If you would dig in to my blog, my first post was JayJay Helterbrand - Second Best? I revealed there that I don't usually go for the best. I believe Mark Caguioa (MC) is the star player of BGK, so I really go for JayJay. But, as I become an active member of PBA-Online, I found out that MC and JayJay are crowd favorites. JayJay may be the second best in BGK players, but he is the best point guard in the league. So, who could be my second best? Paul Artadi or Chris Pacana? I know many would be picking Artadi instead of Pacana. Well, it is Chris Pacana for me.

I felt sad knowing that some BGK fans are blinded by the flaws of Chris Pacana. Hence, I decided to create this blog to showcase his talent. And hopefully open up the minds of those detractors.

I don't know really of a point guard who can block. I'm sorry but I'm not that kinda PBA fanatic to watch all the games. I'm just a BGK Fanatic. It really amazed me the way he blocked someone from Alaska during their last game of the eliminations. Just recently, Game 6 of the Finals, he had blocked someone from Air21. I saw that it was a clean block. But the referees called for a foul. *sigh*

I absolutely agree that Chris Pacana is not as fast as JayJay. But he compensates his speed with his defensive skills. Game 1 of the Finals, he was commended for limiting Gary David's scoring, the opponents' best scorer for the locals at least. He may not be an offensive threat for Air21. But his defensive stop against David should really be appreciated.

I was not able to watch Game 2, but my BGK JAMSHIPS informed me how great Chris Pacana's game was. The first 6 points of BGK all came from Chris Pacana. He somewhat revenge sweetly on Coach Bo Perasol's statement 'Hwag nyo ng masyadong bantayan si Pacana, hindi naman si JayJay yan'.

Chris Pacana can block, and he can rebound as well. Guess what? In Game 3, he was the second highest rebounder for BGK, next to Cris Alexander 'The Greatest'. He tallied a total of 10 big rebounds. A great job for a point guard. Want more stats? He's the series leader in steals as of Game 3. He tallied a total of 7 steals in the first three games.

Everyone knows that in Game 4, Chris Pacana is a revelation. He is Artadi's co-best player of the game (BPG). He tallied 14 big points in 17 minutes of playing time. And for those who judged him right away, sarcastically believing that it was his first BPG, you are wrong. He had been hailed BPG twice when he was still in Coca-Cola Tigers.

In Game 6, when BGK is trying to catch up with a 16 point deficit, it was one of Chris Pacana's steal that turned on the spark. Game 6 was a close fight in the pay off period. But Chris Pacana's fearless drive towards the basket made Air21's hope to finish the series die. It was the game's Gatorade Game Turning Point.

Chris Pacana might have committed mistakes, makes wrong decisions, and makes bad shots. But hey, everyone does. Even Michael Jordan, I believe, does commit mistakes. So what's the point putting blame on him? BGK doesn't reach Game 7 merely because of a single player. They reached Game 7 as a TEAM. Someone covered someone else's flaws and shortcomings. Everyone commits mistakes, but there always someone who would step up and clean the mess. CHRIS PACANA might have brought some mess. But he was able to clean his own mess, and even clean someone else's.

Game 1, Game 4, Game 6.. CHRIS PACANA showed his talent.. Game 1, Game 4, Game 6... BGK won the battle..

GO CHRIS PACANA!!! TRUE BGK FANS ARE COUNTING ON YOU!!!

Thanks to swooshgoddess15 for the picture.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

5 comments:

thaniathania5 said...

Ang alam ko, tinawag din ciang Mr. Fourth Quarter.. kc nga, iba ung laro nya, usually, sa 4th qtr boom ung laro nya.. yihhee!!! Me kinikilig na naman!!!

MinnieRunner said...

Oo sis, tama 'yung alam mo.. Hmm.. at kilala mo na pala siya dati pa.. *jealous* hihihihi..

Dito ung link nung laro na 'yun --> http://chrispacana.blogspot.com/2006/10/digmaan-ng-mga-dragon-at-tigre.html

Anonymous said...

...in Game 7 Pacana showed his talents again. With confidence, coach Jong fielded Pacana in the most critical minutes of the endgame together with Alexander, Menk, Caguioa and Tubid. Those minutes spelled BGK's fate and turned it into a champion team.

...in Game 7... BGK won the championship!

Anonymous said...

If you search for 'Chris Pacana' im Google or Yahoo, this website would be THE top source for info on Chris. Aside from that, in just a few weeks, over 1,000 have visited this site. It seems that there's always something new in this site which make fans want to come back often.

I'm sure magiging sikat itong blogsite na ito, kasabay ng pagsikat ni Chris Pacana.

Congrats, Madz ... for your efforts. I'm proud of you. And I'm proud to have contributed to this site's success. cheers! Tagay tayo!

MinnieRunner said...

kuliti, nice analysis of Game 7.. I also credited Chris' never say die defense in my entry entitled 'We Are The Champions'

Kuya Sam, thank you so much for your efforts..don't know how I can return the favor.. Thanks a lot!!! Really..