Kings Dethroned

The Barangay Ginebra Kings (BGK) lost the championship to San Miguel Beermen (SMB) in Game 7. It is unfortunate that they were not able to retain their title, thus, being dethroned. I can't help but to breath in here what I really feel.

I am not totally sad because they were not able to retain the championship crown. I heartfully congratulate SMB, especially Jonas Villanueva for being recognized as the Finals Most Valuable Player (MVP). I am, however, disappointed that Chris Pacana had not played on Game 7. In Game 6, he had shown improvement in his game as compared to Game 5. But I just can't believe that Coach Jong Uichico prefer to have him seated for 48minutes rather than making use of his 'intelligent' defensive skills.

Congratulations Beermen! (Photo Credits: PBA Online)

Well, the conference is over. But, I really just wanted to reminisce the previous Fiesta Conference (FiestaCon) when BGK won the championship. As compared to this championship, which seems to be 'written' that SMB will win; the battle between BGK and Air 21 Express then, was an epic. It was sheer heart, from Mark Caguio, to Junthy Valenzuela, to Paul Artadi, and to Pacana.

If ever BGK won this year's FiestaCon, I will never be totally happy at all. Well, happy for BGK, but not for Pacana. In last year's championship, I know that Pacana is really a part of their victory. But with this year's FiestaCon, win or lose, I already lost the battle. There is no Pacana on Game 7. *sigh*

I had heard rumors about him being traded to other team. Well, I would be glad with that trade, provided that his would-be new team will really help him in proving himself to Philippine Basketball Association (PBA); rather than having him stay in the most popular team and have him seated on the bench for the whole conference or season.

As what I always say, God Bless your career Chris! I will always be one of your loyal fans.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

4 comments:

Par U. Paro said...

It totally confuses everyone that two of the guys who helped win last year's championship didn't play at all. These were Pacana and Artadi. This was really disappointing and confusing, which leads to questions that remain unanswered.

minnie said...

It really is confusing Kuya Sam. When all my hopes are high seeing Chris Pacana doing a heroic deed at Game 7, Coach Jong Uichico prefer to seat him for 48 minutes *sigh*

Par U. Paro said...

Things happen for a reason. God probably didn't want Chris to be part of 'that loss'. Maybe He knows that if Chris played and the team lost in game 7, he will be swamped with false accusations and negative comments from his detractors.

You're right. It would be better for Chris to move to a team where his talents will be used. Never mind if that team is not Ginebra.

minnie said...

Yeah, I would probably hearing a lot of nonsense accusations after the game if he, indeed, play.

Yes, it doesn't really matter on what team Chris would play. For as long as he will be given the quality minutes at par with his defensive skills.