King No More

There had been a lot of trades here and there lately. Paul Artadi had his homecoming with the Purefoods TJ Giants (PF) in exchange of Celino Cruz. On the other hand, I don't find it an itelligent move for PF to trade Enrico Villanueva and Rich Alvarez for Raffy Reavis. Rico is a giant in the paint while Rich can make threes. Nonetheless, the trade is done. Macky Escalona and Jun Jun Cabatu had been released by the Barangay Ginebra Kings (BGK) management even before the Fiesta Cup Conference began (If I remember it right).

So, while all these trades and free agents crowd the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA), I sit back since I heard no news about Chris Pacana. Well, I heard and received email that Chris, together with Macky and Jun Jun, is now a free agent. I don't believe it since PBA Online have not mentioned Chris being involved in such release. Then, another PBA friend asked me if Chris is really trying out with Sta. Lucia Realtors (SLR).

That question made me shocked for a while. So, I have to confirm the "rumor" from the Pacanas. And unfortunately, disappointingly, sadly, or whaterver lonely feeling I can relate to it, the "rumor" is not a "rumor" but a "fact".

YES, BGK (Jhong Uichico) did not renew Chris' contract, making him a free agent. And since Chris' passion is basketball, he is not giving up.
He is currently trying out with SLR.


Now, to all Chris' supporters out there, please say a li'l prayer for him, for his career. And to Chris, like what I always tell you, "May God Bless your career!"

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

Par U. Paro said...

For someone like Chris who is so passionate about basketball, he truly deserves to be in a team. Will offer special prayers for his career. Good luck, Chris!

minnie said...

I do hope na magka-team siya Kuya Sam :D