It's Just Not The Same Without Chris Pacana

I'm so excited for the upcoming game of Barangay Ginebra Kings (BGK) against Talk N Text Tropang Texters (TNT). I don't know, but PBA has been one of the things that allows me to unload myself of the worries of the day. I just came from an overnight duty from our office due to a nationwide migration, so I lull myself to sleep this morning. Before the game starts, I opted to take a nap first, but I just can't sleep, probably because I fear that I won't be able to wake up right before the game starts. It was 4th Quarter of Game 1, San Miguel Beermen (SMB) against Coca Cola Tigers. I prefer to cheer for the Tigers. I like the way Alex Cabagnot plays. Sadly, they lose. Final score was 89-86.

Before the game started, I got the information that Chris Pacana is injured, and that he won't be able to play. My friend, who is at the Cuneta Astrodome that time, told me that Chris Pacana is not doing the usual warm up. *sigh*

It was Anthony Suntay for the court side report and he was mentioning the key players of BGK who are still nursing their injuries. Mark Caguioa, Raffy Reavis, and Junthy Valenzuela are among those players. Hence, BGK is still playing with a depleted line up. So, someone really has to step up each game. Game 1, it was Paul Artadi, Game 2 is JunJun Cabatu, Game 3 is Chris Pacana, Game 4 is Willie Wilson, Game 5 is Sunday Salvacion, Game 6 are Paul Artadi and JayJay Helterbrand, Game 7 is Eric Menk, and Game 8 are Chris Pacana and JayJay Helterbrand. Well, those players stepped up based from my observations.

It was overwhelming for me, as a Chris Pacana fan, when Suntay mentioned that in the last game of BGK against Coke, it was Pacana who stepped up, having a career high of 10 big rebounds for only 11 minutes of play. Well, it was a career high for this conference since he already had that 10 big rebounds back in Game 3 of the Finals Series last conference against Air 21 Express. He also has the remark that Chris Pacana is tremendous as far as Barangay Ginebra is concerned. But after having that remark, he then followed a report stating that he won't be able to play that night. Confirmed. My source was right. *crying*

Still, I chose to watch the game. Anyway, I'm cheering for Chris' team as well, the BGK. BGK had a pretty great start. And Ronald Tubid is the man of the Quarter. Sadly, a little incident happen, that probably break his almost perfect game. Since Chris is not playing, I am watching the game while surfing the net. Then suddenly I heard the commentators stating Pacana's name. But I failed to watch that moment when Chris checked in. My friends told me that it was just a situational substitution wherein his job was just to foul Jimmy Alapag. After the foul, he was then immediately replaced by Paul Artadi. I don't know what's going on Coach Jong Uichico's head. He could have used Macky Escalona instead, or someone else to do that job. It just makes Chris' statistics worse, making his rank in steals to slid down. Well, at least for my concern, and for those as well who chose him in their roster in pbfantasy. *grin*

BGK was able to control the ballgame and have a 20 big lead against TNT at the end of the first quarter. But, inch-by-inch, TNT managed to come back from that deficit. And the great rhythm of Tubid was broken by the officials as he was called for a back to back foul after a technical called against him and Alapag. So, it was 3 straight calls for him. Suddenly the fate turns around.

I just feel so down. Something's just not right. In the 4th quarter, the BGK is trying to get back through the efforts of Cabatu. But, the game just shows how important deep bench is. Everyone's out of gas. A sorry loss for the team. And why do I really feel this way? Don't have the energy. Felt so sleepy. Hmmmm, I remember before, when BGK had their 5 game losing skid, I don't feel so down. Now, its making sense. Watching BGK game, whether win or lose, feels great when Chris had shown how important he is to the team. But in this game against TNT, I seem to miss his defense, his excellent defense. It's so hard to watch the bench instead of the game, ha ha. Watching BGK game is just not the same without Chris. *down*

Chris, hope you get well really soon. Hope to see you play again against James Yap on Sunday.

Scores:

Talk n Text 103 -- Cardona 32, Allado 17, Dillinger 16, Alapag 15, Carey 11, Castro 7, De Ocampo 3, Ritualo 2, Reyes 0, Aljamal 0, Peek 0.

Brgy. Ginebra 90 -- Tubid 17, Cabatu 16, Helterbrand 15, Salvacion 13, Wilson 12, Mamaril 6, Menk 6, Escalona 4, Artadi 1, Pacana 0, Holper 0, Crisano 0.

Quarterscores: 16-36, 49-55, 82-67, 103-90.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

MinnieRunner said...

he's still not around last night.. he did not watch either.. hope everything's well..